Sponsored by Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
Deadline: March 30
PO Box 15769
Springfield, MA 01115
Applicant must be a resident of Hampden County, MA who will attend medical school.
Complete Applications Include:
- A completed and submitted online application
- An applicant’s most recent academic transcript
- A completed copy of the applicant’s 2018-2019 Student Aid Report
Boston Mensa awards the $500 Ralphine McGill-Coons Memorial Scholarship to the local student in science or medicine who submits the best essay to our competition.
To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen and live or attend school in the Boston Mensa area (Massachusetts zip codes 01420 through 02675). You also must be enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate or graduate student for the following academic year. You do not need to be a member of Mensa, or be related to one.
For more information or questions, contact the Scholarship Chair, Rick Kovalcik, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 15 each year
The Charles River District Medical Society Program is available to any medical school student enrolled at an approved US institution who is a legal resident of one of the five towns comprising the district: Needham, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, and Weston.
If the scholarship is awarded in the sophomore year it may be renewable for the junior year upon reapplication and at the discretion of the Committee on Medical Education. The scholarship is awarded at the Charles River District Annual Meeting in April.
- A Curriculum vitae which must include: legal address, high school and date of graduation; medical school and expected date of graduation.
- A letter which includes a statement of personal goal.
- A copy of the Graduate and Professional School Financial Aid Service Form or a financial aid form of equivalent informational value (not the summary page). Financial information is expected to be comprehensive (this should include parents’ resources).
- A letter from the financial aid officer of the medical school with detailed verification of financial need.
- A statement of academic standing from the medical school.
- A letter of recommendation from a district society member or a faculty member.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WHICH MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS ARE CONSIDERED
Deadline: Applications must be received before December 31st of Med 2 or Med 3.
For more information contact:
Mailing Address: 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451-1414
Telephone Numbers: 781-434-7211, 800-944-5562
District Event/Activity Contact: Linda Howard, Manager email@example.com
Mail completed applications to:
Massachusetts Medical Society
Northeast Regional Office
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Scholarships available to legal residents of central Massachusetts at the time of applying to medical school or in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of attending an accredited medical or osteopathic school.
Candidates must submit a completed application, a current transcript, two letters of recommendation and an essay on your reason(s) for selecting a career in medicine and why you are deserving of this award.
Deadline: July 28, 2017
For the list of eligible cities and towns in central Massachusetts and the online application visit http://www.wdms.org/scholarship_fund.htm.
Casey Family Services Alumni Scholarship
If you’re a verifiable alumnus of Casey Family Services Foster Care in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont you may be eligible for this scholarship. Must be between the ages of 16-49 and starting or enrolled in post-secondary education (includes medical school, not PhD). Scholarships are up to $10,000 in total over the course of your education and must be used within 10 years of your application date.
Deadline: No deadline.
For the application visit: http://www.fc2success.org/programs/cfs/