Established in 2019, this scholarship provides a $10,000 award to one (1) rising 1st year medical student matriculated in a US accredited medical (MD/DO) school who has Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) approval. Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to working with underserved populations.
Application currently closed.
Additional scholarship resources for students with DACA status. The website, Immigrant Rising, provides comprehensive information on scholarships available to undocumented students nationwide. Please see the following lists:
Immigrant Rising Website: https://immigrantsrising.org/2020scholarships/
– Graduate scholarships: https://immigrantsrising.org/resource/graduate-scholarships/
– Graduate fellowships: https://immigrantsrising.org/resource/graduate-fellowships/
In addition, the Pre-Health Dreamers organization has consolidated some of the health professions specific opportunities here.
The Earnest Scholarship is open to DACA students as well as all others. Entry ends on May 31, 2020 and 50 students will each be awarded $5,000 for a total of $250,000.
Interested students can apply here: https://www.earnest.com/student-loans/scholarship
Latino Medical Student Association Scholarships
https://www.lmsane.org/scholarships.html -Northeast Region Chapter
https://lmsa.net/west/scholarships/ West Region
LMSA NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: March 20, 2020 11:59PM PST
The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) is a national organization that supports medical and premedical students interested in promoting the health of the Latino community. The LMSA National scholarship is awarded to medical students and/or undergraduate pre-medical students who embody the characteristics the organization upholds. Visit the LMSA National website for more information about the organization’s mission statement.
This year, LMSA National will award eight (8) scholarship recipients with $500 each.
– Medical students pursuing a DO or MD, or an undergraduate student with demonstrated pre-medical coursework.
– Current LMSA members with proof of paid membership. Note: proof of membership will be verified if selected.
– Desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
– Applicants are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of ethnic background or immigration status. DACA students are encouraged to apply.
The application consists of demographic information, academic history, a 500 word short answer question, and 1 page personal statement alongside a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and unofficial transcript.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION!
Questions? Email LMSA National VP of Scholarship Jonathan Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org