Awarded by True Colors: scholarships range from $500 – $1,500
- LGBT or Ally youth active in LGBT Equality Movement
- In addition to the General Scholarship Application, applicants must respond to one of five essay questions which are available on line at the website
Deadline: April 29, 2016
Robin McHaelen, Executive Director, True Colors, Inc.
30 Arbor St., Suite 201A
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: (860) 232-0050
Fax: (860) 232-0049
Deadline: April 15, 2017
The selected awardee will be hired in a paid position for ONE (1) year to conduct research in a Department of Neurosurgery laboratory. The amount of the salary is dependent on the student’s level of education, skills, and research experience and may range between $30K to $34K a year with no benefits. Each awardee will also receive further financial support to present their work at a national neuroscience, cancer or neurosurgery meeting. Awardee must be able to travel to Los Angeles, California to complete their research project. According to IRS regulations, this award is subject to all applicable income tax.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate or medical student.
- Applicants must be able to commit to one year to the program
- Applicants with an interest in neuroscience are eligible for this award. However, applicants that have not yet committed to a major in science are welcome.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 by the start of the fellowship
For More Information
For more information or to receive an application package, please contact:
Samantha Phu, Academic Program Coordinator
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A6600
Los Angeles, CA 90048
This award provides financial assistance to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (l/g/b/t) Asian and Pacific Islanders (API) for post-secondary Education. This scholarship awards up to two outstanding students annually, a combined scholarships totaling up to $15,000. These scholarships are renewable for a maximum of three more years (a total of four years) provided each student annually meets the renewal requirements.
Must have graduated high school from one of the nine Bay Area counties in California: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara County, Napa, Sonoma or Solano.
Must be ages 17-25
Deadline: April 30, 2017
For more information and application: https://sites.google.com/site/tangscholarship/
Thirty grants of $20,000 plus $16,000 for tuition are offered for graduate study in the US for one or two years for students who are Med 1 and Med 2.
- NEW AMERICAN STATUS
One of the following must be true as of the application deadline:
- Born in the US: You are a US citizen by birth and both of your parents were born abroad as non-US citizens.
- Naturalized Citizen: You have been naturalized as a US citizen either on your own or as a minor child under the application of one of your parents.
- Green Card: You are in possession of a valid green card.
- Adopted: You were born outside of the US or one of its territories and were subsequently adopted by American parents, and were awarded US citizenship as a result of your adoption.
- DACA: You have been granted deferred action under the government’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
Note: For all of the above, it must be true that both of your parents were born outside of the United States as non-US citizens, and were not eligible for US citizenship at the time of their births.
The application includes the following sections:
- A confirmation of your eligibility – “New American” documents showing status
- Your personal and contact information
- Your higher-education history
- The graduate program[s] for which you seek support
- Required submissions:
- Two essays
- Scores of standardized tests already taken
- Recommendations (3 required, up to 5 accepted)
- Optional exhibits
You must not have reached or passed your 31st birthday as of November 1, 2016.
Applications for the 2018 fellowships open in mid-April.
Deadline: each year November 1.
For further information visit https://www.pdsoros.org/apply