MyHeart Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Scholarship
To assist students seeking a career in healthcare and aid in the awareness of heart disease, a group of cardiologists led by Dr. Mustafa Ahmed and Dr. Philip Johnson are providing 2 students with financial assistance ($1,000) and ongoing mentoring/advice on career and education decisions.
To be eligible for the MyHeart Scholarship, you must be:
- Interested in the study of cardiovascular health or the pursuit of a career in the healthcare industry.
- Pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or medical degree (Two-year degrees are eligible.)
- A current resident of the United States
To apply, students should complete the application here: http://myheart.net/scholarship/
The deadline for applications if February 15, 2016. Please submit questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This foundations offers a year of research in a wide variety of cardiovascular fields at a medical school other than the one in which the medical student is enrolled, although exceptions are made.
Second- and third-year medical students are encouraged to apply, and fourth-years who have negotiated a graduation deferment may apply. Applicants who are not US citizens must maintain an appropriate visa. MD/PHD students are not eligible. Prior research experience is not required.
Fellowship awardees receive the following benefits:
- $32,000 annual stipend
- Allowances up to $8,000 for travel support to select a Preceptor and Fellowship laboratory and attend the Sarnoff Annual Scientific Meeting and American Heart Association Scientific Sessions, moving expenses, health insurance and funds for travel to present a paper at two national conferences
Application requirements include a completed application form, a three-page essay, a one-page personal statement, a medical school transcript, three letters of recommendation and any other materials that would enhance the application package.
Deadline: January 11, 2017
For further information visit : http://www.sarnofffoundation.org/?page=Fellowship_Info
For more information, contact:
Dana Boyd, Executive Director
Sarnoff Cardiovascular Research Foundation
731 Walker Road, Suite G-2
Great Falls, VA 22066
AMA Seed Grant Research Program
Grants from $2,500 to $5,000 are offered to medical students, residents and fellows to conduct basic science or clinical research projects on cardiovascular/pulmonary diseases, pancreatic cancer, and neoplastic Diseases.
- Applicants must be a medical student, physician resident or fellow of an accredited US medical school or institution; they must also be either a US citizen or a permanent resident of the US. Projects must be applicant-conceived, rather than ongoing research of their mentor or Principal Investigator.
- This program is open to both AMA and non-AMA members. Membership with the AMA does not factor into the grant selection process.
Applications available at https://www1.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/about-ama/ama-foundation/our-programs/medical-education/seed-grant-research.page?
Deadline: January 6, 2017