American Society of Hematology — Minority Medical Student Award Program
The ASH’s Minority Medical Student Award Program offers 8 to 12 week summer research experiences in the study of hematology.
Minorities include American Indians, Native Alaskans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, Blacks or African Americans, and Hispanics or Latinos.
Participants receive the following:
- A $5,000 stipend to support their summer research experience
- A $1,000 travel allowance to attend the ASH annual meeting
- $1,000 after the ASH annual meeting for presenting their research at the Promoting Minorities in Hematology event
- Complimentary subscriptions during medical school and residency to Blood, the journal of the American Society of Hematology, and The Hematologist, the Society’s newsletter
- The guidance of a research mentor and a career-development mentor
Application requirements include a completed form, a current resume and 3 letters of recommendation.
Mentor request form deadline: December 15, 2016
Deadline: February 1, 2017
For further information visit http://www.hematology.org/Awards/MMSAP/2624.aspx#c, or telephone 202-776-0544 or email email@example.com