Criteria: Applicants must have attended Connecticut public and/or parochial schools for at least eight years; graduated from a Connecticut public or parochial high school; and be attending medical school and entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year in fall 2019.
Number of awards: 2-3
Amount of awards: $1,500-2,000
Deadline: February 15, 2019, 11:45 p.m.
To access online applications:
- Type org/scholarships into your browser bar
- You’ll be brought to the Hartford Foundation scholarship directory home page
- Type Marino into the search bar
- When the listing for the fund comes up on your screen, click on the name of the fund
- Scroll down and click on “Apply to this scholarship . . .”
- You’ll be brought to the log on page for the online scholarship portal
- Create an account
- Complete the eligibility quiz
- A list of possible scholarship applications will be generated for you
- Click Continue
- Click on the arrow next to each fund name to read the criteria
- Click on the blue Apply box to bring up each application
- You can Copy Previous Answers from one application to another
Sergeant John Basilone Memorial Graduate Scholarship
The UNICO Foundation will grant two awards valued up to a maximum of $3,000 each, paid out at $1,500 per year, for graduate scholarships. The awardee must be initiating graduate study, full-time, at an accredited campus based college/university program in the United States. A candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent.
Applicant must reside in one of the following states which have a UNICO chapter: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia or Wisconsin. Exception: The Maria and Paolo Alessio Southern Italy Scholarship is open to all 50 states.
Applicant must continue studies within academic year 2019-2020.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Online degree programs are not eligible for UNICO scholarships.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
The scholarships are open to Connecticut students who are:
- age 16-24
- allies to or members of the LBGTQ community
- are involved in support, education, and/or advocacy in their school or community
- planning to attend, or are already attending, a college, technical school or other accredited post-high school educational institution
Deadline: March 29, 2019
PFLAG Hartford • P.O. Box 260733 • Hartford, CT 06126-0733
Phone: (860) 785-0909 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connecticut Scholarships and Loans
The Connecticut Academy of Family Physicians Endowment Loan Fund offers 2nd, 3rd and 4th year medical students loans that are repaid without interest or not repaid if recipients establish family practices. Deadline: June 1 each year.
The Hartford County Medical Foundation offers scholarships up to $2,000 to medical students from that county. Deadline: June 1 each year.
The Nolan Scholarship is for male medical students from Middlesex County. Established by the late Anna Nolan to help defray medical school expenses for male students from Middlesex County, Connecticut. Deadline: June 1 each year. Contact Mark Schuman, Executive Director, Middlesex County Medical Association at (860) 243-3977
Hartford (CT) Foundation for Public Giving: http://www.hfpgscholarships.org/Scholarships/Home/tabid/464/Default.aspx
Casey Family Services Alumni Scholarship
If you’re a verifiable alumnus of Casey Family Services Foster Care in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont you may be eligible for this scholarship. Must be between the ages of 16-49 and starting or enrolled in post-secondary education (includes medical school, not PhD). Scholarships are up to $10,000 in total over the course of your education and must be used within 10 years of your application date.
Deadline: No deadline.
For the application visit: http://www.fc2success.org/programs/cfs/