The Dr. Frank and Florence Marino Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving for students enrolled in an A.M.A. accredited (or similar status accrediting entity) medical schools located in the United States.
Deadline: May 5, 2017
The 2017 application is now open for students who meet the following criteria:
Criteria for the award:
- applicants must have attended Connecticut public and/or parochial schools for at least eight years;
- graduated from a Connecticut public or parochial high school; and
- be attending medical school and entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year in fall 2017. The award is not applicable to students entering their first year of medical school.
Number of awards: 1 – 5
Size of the awards:
- $1,000 – $2,000
- Students may apply for renewal awards
Inquire with the financial aid office for the application.
The scholarship listing can be found on the Hartford Foundation’s web site at hfpg.org/scholarships.
For more information: Please feel free to contact Jennyfer Holmes or Sarah Carlson with any questions by phone at 860-548-1888 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The scholarships are open to Connecticut students who are:
- age 16-24
- allies to or members of the LBGTQ community
- are involved in support, education, and/or advocacy in their school or community
- planning to attend, or are already attending, a college, technical school or other accredited post-high school educational institution
PFLAG Hartford • P.O. Box 260733 • Hartford, CT 06126-0733
Phone: (860) 785-0909 • Email: email@example.com
Connecticut Scholarships and Loans
The Connecticut Academy of Family Physicians Endowment Loan Fund offers 2nd, 3rd and 4th year medical students loans that are repaid without interest or not repaid if recipients establish family practices. Deadline: June 1 each year.
The Hartford County Medical Foundation offers scholarships up to $2,000 to medical students from that county. Deadline: June 1 each year.
The Nolan Scholarship is for male medical students from Middlesex County. Established by the late Anna Nolan to help defray medical school expenses for male students from Middlesex County, Connecticut. Deadline: June 1 each year. Contact Mark Schuman, Executive Director, Middlesex County Medical Association at (860) 243-3977
Hartford (CT) Foundation for Public Giving: http://www.hfpgscholarships.org/Scholarships/Home/tabid/464/Default.aspx
Casey Family Services Alumni Scholarship
If you’re a verifiable alumnus of Casey Family Services Foster Care in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont you may be eligible for this scholarship. Must be between the ages of 16-49 and starting or enrolled in post-secondary education (includes medical school, not PhD). Scholarships are up to $10,000 in total over the course of your education and must be used within 10 years of your application date.
Deadline: No deadline.
For the application visit: http://www.fc2success.org/programs/cfs/