Deadline: April 5, 2018
Please see Melissa in the Financial Aid Office for the application.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
• Medical students who are approaching their third year of medical school
• Proof of U.S. citizenship
• Currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. medical school (and in good academic
• Black/African-American female
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Commitment to serving medically underserved communities
Applicants who are members of The Links, Incorporated or a daughter of a Link are not
The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit corporation established in
1946. The membership consists of nearly 15,000 professional women of color in 285
chapters in 41 states, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
It is one of the nation’s oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of
extraordinary women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the
culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African
The Links established the Health and Human Services (HHS) facet in response to the
chronic health disparities that persist in black communities and result in decreased life
expectancy of African Americans and other people of African ancestry. The goal of HHS
is to promote and facilitate programs that support the maintenance of good health and
the elimination of chronic health disparities in communities of color through education,
health advocacy, and health resources. The Links plays a significant role in providing
crucial community education about health risks.
The Links recognizes that diversifying the physician workforce is one component that
can improve the health of the African-American community. Knowing that the cost of a
medical education is financially challenging, The Links will award five scholarships to
medical students in the amount of $25,000/year for two years (during their 3rd and 4th
year of medical school matriculation).
Please include the following with your application and forward all documents to
1) Demographic Information (see page 2 of application)
2) Current Professional School Transcript
3) Personal Statement (500 – 1,000 words):
Please address how you plan to use your medical degree to support your community
in the near future.
4) Verification of Citizenship:
Acceptable proof of citizenship includes a scanned copy of one of the
• US birth certificate
• Current U.S. passport
• State driver’s license
5) CV or Resume
6) Two Letters of Recommendations (sent directly to The Links, Incorporated at
• One recommendation letter should be sent from a dean, faculty member, or chief
administrative officer from your academic institution (on university letterhead).
• The second recommendation letter should be sent from a community leader or volunteer
supervisor. If a community leader or volunteer supervisor is unavailable, a second letter
from a dean, faculty member or school administrative officer is acceptable.
7) Financial Documents
Student Aid Report (SAR) from the U.S. Department of Education (if you received
federal loans during undergraduate or graduate school)
Financial Aid Summary (see form on page 4)
1. March 1 – April 5, 2018: Application opens
2. April 5, 2018: Applications with all supporting documents are due and must be submitted no later than 11:59 P.M. (ET) to email@example.com
3. April 20, 2018: Awardees will be notified
Awardees must attend The Links, Incorporated 41st National Assembly in Indianapolis, IN on Friday, June 29, 2018 to receive the award. Airfare, one hotel night of lodging and ground transportation up to $500 will be provided to attend the National Assembly Program Luncheon.
For California women studying in the broad field of medicine and having completed her first year of graduate study in the field of medicine.
Selection based upon: Integrity of character, scholastic ability, school/community activities and financial need.
Award amount and number of awards varies annually.
Request an application in Fall of the year (beginning September 1 and no later than January 10).
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2018
- Request an application in Fall of the year (beginning September 1 and no later than January 10).
- Completed applications must be postmarked no later than February 1.
For information, guidelines, and application: http://www.peocalifornia.org/
The purpose of this grant is to support women in education who are committed to improving the lives of women and children in their home countries.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Deadline: January / September – depending on your country — read the information carefully on the website!
For more details and application visit: http://www.mmeg.org/apply/
Foreman Fleisher established this fund in memory of his mother, Ida Fleisher, to help talented women become professionals. The fund provides scholarships for women, preferably Jewish, who wish to pursue a graduate degree.
Eligibility is limited to women who have a hometown or attend school in the Greater Philadelphia area, including New Jersey and Delaware. Grant distributions, which can range from $2,000-$8,000, are administered by a local bank and sent directly to the chosen recipient’s school to be used for tuition only.
Application requirements – three copies of each document:
1)Ida Foreman Fleisher application, 2)Personal Mission Statement, 3)FAFSA,
4)Recent transcripts and 5)Letter of recommendation (one original and 2 copies).
Deadline: May 15, 2018
Applications are available at: https://jewishphilly.org/need-help/direct-services/jewish-life-and-learning/scholarships/endowed-scholarship-and-loan-funds/