For California women studying in the broad field of medicine and having completed her first year of graduate study in the field of medicine.
Selection based upon: Integrity of character, scholastic ability, school/community activities and financial need.
Award amount and number of awards varies annually.
Request an application in Fall of the year (beginning September 1 and no later than January 10).
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2017
- Request an application in Fall of the year (beginning September 1 and no later than January 10).
- Completed applications must be postmarked no later than February 1.
For information, guidelines, and application: http://www.peocalifornia.org/
Deadline: April 15, 2017
The selected awardee will be hired in a paid position for ONE (1) year to conduct research in a Department of Neurosurgery laboratory. The amount of the salary is dependent on the student’s level of education, skills, and research experience and may range between $30K to $34K a year with no benefits. Each awardee will also receive further financial support to present their work at a national neuroscience, cancer or neurosurgery meeting. Awardee must be able to travel to Los Angeles, California to complete their research project. According to IRS regulations, this award is subject to all applicable income tax.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate or medical student.
- Applicants must be able to commit to one year to the program
- Applicants with an interest in neuroscience are eligible for this award. However, applicants that have not yet committed to a major in science are welcome.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 by the start of the fellowship
For More Information
For more information or to receive an application package, please contact:
Samantha Phu, Academic Program Coordinator
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A6600
Los Angeles, CA 90048
This award provides financial assistance to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (l/g/b/t) Asian and Pacific Islanders (API) for post-secondary Education. This scholarship awards up to two outstanding students annually, a combined scholarships totaling up to $15,000. These scholarships are renewable for a maximum of three more years (a total of four years) provided each student annually meets the renewal requirements.
Must have graduated high school from one of the nine Bay Area counties in California: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara County, Napa, Sonoma or Solano.
Must be ages 17-25
Deadline: April 30, 2017
For more information and application: https://sites.google.com/site/tangscholarship/