Sergeant John Basilone Memorial Graduate Scholarship
The UNICO Foundation will grant two awards valued up to a maximum of $3,000 each, paid out at $1,500 per year, for graduate scholarships. The awardee must be initiating graduate study, full-time, at an accredited campus based college/university program in the United States. A candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent.
Applicant must reside in one of the following states which have a UNICO chapter: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia or Wisconsin. Exception: The Maria and Paolo Alessio Southern Italy Scholarship is open to all 50 states.
Applicant must continue studies within academic year 2019-2020.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Online degree programs are not eligible for UNICO scholarships.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Deadline: May 15
The Fresno County Medical Society Scholarship Foundation is an incorporated entity 501 (c) (3) of the Fresno Madera Medical Society, created to administer a perpetual and revolving scholarship fund for deserving medical students of Fresno and Madera counties.
The following information will aid students when submitting applications:
Any resident of Fresno or Madera county is eligible to receive a scholarship, provided that he/she has been a resident of either county for one year or more and provided that his/her application for matriculation in a medical school has been approved.
Applications for scholarships must be on file at the office of Fresno Madera Medical Society on or before May 15 to be eligible for a grant for the ensuing academic year.
- AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Depending upon funds available, the number of scholarships awarded and the amount of each may vary from year to year; to be determined by the Scholarship Foundation Board.
- TERMS OF SCHOLARSHIP
The monies of any scholarship awarded will be given to the recipient’s school of matriculation. The school will administer the scholarship for tuition, laboratory fees, books, etc. and for any other valid expenses of education except room, board or any other personal expenses. No money will be given directly to the recipient
- COMPLETE APPLICATION
To be considered, an application must include: a transcript of scholastic records from the last year of school attended, a letter from the Dean of Admissions that confirms acceptance to the school of choice, a School of Financial Aid Report and three letters of recommendation from members of the school faculty.
All applicants will be notified simultaneously regarding disposition of their applications. The Scholarship Foundation has no obligation to any applicant or recipient as set forth in the terms of the letter of notification of award.
- REFERENCE LETTERS
Three letters of reference from each of the following 1) a teacher of a class completed within the past two years; 2) a medical school professor or a physician; 3) a person outside of health care. Letters of reference must follow the format outlined in the Applicant Evaluation Form included as part of the application.
For More Information:
Fresno Madera Medical Society
Nicole Butler, Executive Director
(559) 224-4224 Ext. 114 or email@example.com
Fresno County Medical Society
1040 E. Herndon Avenue, Suite 101
Fresno, California 93720
For California women studying in the broad field of medicine and having completed her first year of graduate study in the field of medicine.
Selection based upon: Integrity of character, scholastic ability, school/community activities and financial need.
Award amount and number of awards varies annually.
All P.E.O. California scholarships have specific eligibility requirements and restrictions.
Application forms are available online through January 30, 2019. Completed packets are due February 1, 2019.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2019
For information, guidelines, and application: http://www.peocalifornia.org/
The selected awardee will be hired in a paid position for ONE (1) year to conduct research in a Department of Neurosurgery laboratory. The amount of the salary is dependent on the student’s level of education, skills, and research experience and may range between $30K to $34K a year with no benefits. Each awardee will also receive further financial support to present their work at a national neuroscience, cancer or neurosurgery meeting. Awardee must be able to travel to Los Angeles, California to complete their research project. According to IRS regulations, this award is subject to all applicable income tax.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate or medical student.
- Applicants must be able to commit to one year to the program
- Applicants with an interest in neuroscience are eligible for this award. However, applicants that have not yet committed to a major in science are welcome.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 by the start of the fellowship
For more information on how to apply, application deadlines or to receive an application package, please contact:
Samantha Phu, Academic Program Coordinator
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A6600
Los Angeles, CA 90048
|Each applicant must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Self-identified as Asian/Pacific Islander and gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender; (at least 25% API ancestry); and involved in the GLBT community;
- Graduate from a high school in one of the nine Bay Area counties; Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara County, Napa, Sonoma or Solano;
- Scholarship will be awarded for full-time (minimum 12 units for all semesters/quarters) enrollment in an accredited two, four-year university or graduate school; (college, university, community college or vocational school).
- United States citizen or legal resident;
- Demonstrated financial hardship;
- Demonstrated academic promise;
- Minimum unweighted grade point average 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for all schools attended or attending;
- Be between the age of 17 and 25 on 30 April 2019
Deadline: April 30, 2019, 5pm
For more information and application: https://sites.google.com/site/tangscholarship/