The Charles River District Medical Society Program is available to any medical school student enrolled at an approved US institution who is a legal resident of one of the five towns comprising the district: Needham, Newton, Waltham, Wellesley, and Weston.
If the scholarship is awarded in the sophomore year it may be renewable for the junior year upon reapplication and at the discretion of the Committee on Medical Education. The scholarship is awarded at the Charles River District Annual Meeting in April.
- A Curriculum vitae which must include: legal address, high school and date of graduation; medical school and expected date of graduation.
- A letter which includes a statement of personal goal.
- A copy of the Graduate and Professional School Financial Aid Service Form or a financial aid form of equivalent informational value (not the summary page). Financial information is expected to be comprehensive (this should include parents’ resources).
- A letter from the financial aid officer of the medical school with detailed verification of financial need.
- A statement of academic standing from the medical school.
- A letter of recommendation from a district society member or a faculty member.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WHICH MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS ARE CONSIDERED
Deadline: Applications must be received before December 31st of Med 2 or Med 3.
For more information contact:
Mailing Address: 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451-1414
Telephone Numbers: 781-434-7211, 800-944-5562
District Event/Activity Contact: Linda Howard, Manager email@example.com
Mail completed applications to:
Massachusetts Medical Society
Northeast Regional Office
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411