*Must be nominated by school*
The American Academy of Neurology’s Undergraduate Education Subcommittee (UES) is committed to promoting neurology as a specialty and as a viable career among undergraduate medical students. This prize is meant for graduating medical students who have promising career potential in neurology as seen by their institution’s faculty and residents.
- Award presentation: The prize, a Deluxe Troemner Hammer to recognize students’ interest and dedication to neurology, and a certificate will be sent to nominators. Nominators will present it to the student on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology during the institution’s graduation/awards ceremony.
- Nominee is a graduating medical student from an accredited university in the United States or Canada
- Nominee must have outstanding evaluations and recommendations from faculty and residents
- Nominee shows the most promise for a career in neurology
The award will be in addition to, and separate from, any other neurology award given to graduates at the local or institutional level.
- To nominate one of your graduating medical students, the neurology clerkship directors, department chairs (and/or their designees), and neurology residents should first evaluate the performance of all graduating medical students in the clinical neurology clerkship
- After evaluation, one student should be chosen from graduating class
- The nominator(s) officially nominate and provide a letter for the chosen student
Please Note: Excellent performance on the neurology shelf exam or equivalent examination can be used as supporting criteria, if available. If more than one student fulfills these criteria, the student who shows the most promise for a career in neurology should be nominated.
January 31, 2020 – March 20, 2020 (11:59 pm Central Standard Time)