Cash awards of $1,500 for first place, $1,000 for second place, and $850 for third place.
Authors must be enrolled in medical schools that have an active ΑΩΑ Chapter or Association but need not be members of ΑΩΑ. However, if the author is an AΩA member, he/she must be an active member. Only one entry may be submitted per student.
Entries must be submitted using the Online Submission link below, no later than January 15, 2020. Winners will be announced May 4, 2020.
- Essays must be written while the student is in medical school, must be the work of a single author, and must be an original work.
- The essay must be related to medicine.
- The essay must not exceed 15 double-spaced pages of 12-point type with minimum 1-inch margins, exclusive of reference listing. The author’s name and essay title must be on each page, and all pages must be numbered.
- Unique references, numbered consecutively, should be limited to 20. (Reference citation of a website is not acceptable unless a site is the sole source of the information or has official academic credentials. Examples of acceptable sites are official government web pages such as that of the National Institutes of Health.)
- The paper must not be offered to, or published by, any other journal or entered in any other contest prior to submission or during, the AΩA selection process. Essays that are not selected as award recipients may be submitted to other contests/publications after the winners are announced on May 4, 2020.
- Essays not meeting all requirements will not be considered.
Questions may be directed to Libby Appel at 720-859-4149, or email@example.com