Doty Family Scholarship Fund
After receiving the devastating news that his wife, Norma, was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, Edward J. Doty, the founder of Eagle Distributor, Inc., vowed to someday help in the fight against that deadly disease. After losing his own battle to cancer, his wishes were honored with this memorial scholarship fund that provides educational support for students pursuing careers in the medical profession, with extra consideration given to students specializing in geriatric medicine or Alzheimer’s care.
- Resident of the State of Hawai’i
- Demonstrate financial need
- Attend an accredited, two or four year, not-for-profit institution within the US (including US territories)
- Attend as a full-time student (as determined by your school’s financial aid office)
- Students pursuing medicine.
- Preference given to students specializing in geriatric medicine or Alzheimer’s care. Please discuss this interest in the space provided on the application
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
Website for application: http://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/scholarships/scholarshipfaqs
Deadline: January 31, 2020 by 4pm HST (Hawaii Standard Time)