“Like in 2016, we’re going to give out five awards. However, we’ve raised quite a bit more money for 2017, so the prize amounts for 1st-3rd should be quite a bit higher.”
- 1st Place- 60% of the cash raised
- 2nd Place- 30% of the cash raised
- 3rd Place- 10% of the cash raised
- 4th Place- A copy of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor’s Guide to Personal Finance and Investing for every member of your class, plus a $100 Amazon gift certificate
- 5th Place- $100 Amazon gift certificate
How much cash has been raised so far?
So far for 2017 the scholarship amount is $34,150.
Who can apply?
Only professional students enrolled full-time for the 2017-2018 year and in good academic standing are eligible (yes, we actually call your school and check.) That means medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, law, pharmacy, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, optometry, podiatry etc. No undergraduates. No residents. Even if you’re a dental resident paying tuition. Sorry. Students only.
You do not need to be a US resident, but you MUST HAVE A US SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. As we are not a registered charity, the winners of the top three prizes will be required to fill out a W-9 for us and we will issue them a 1099 and report the income to the IRS. Consider it to be fully taxable income. The good news is your tax bracket is almost surely dramatically lower than ours, allowing us to give more and you to receive more on an after-tax basis.
Deadline: Applications open June 1, 2017. The final date for submission is August 31, 2017.
Website and application: https://whitecoatinvestor.com/scholarship/
The Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) – Eastern Regional Chapter (ERC) is pleased to announce a new scholarship program in honor and recognition of 1.6 million American Veterans who served in the Korean War during the Korean War era (June 25, 1950 – January 31, 1955). These men and women answered the call to fight for a country and people they never knew and never met. More than 54,000 Americans died and 103,000 were wounded.
To express our gratitude to these Veterans for their sacrifices, KASF-ERC will offer their descendants an opportunity to apply for a scholarship. KASF-ERC scholarship program will recognize outstanding students who have demonstrated outstanding talents and potential for success. Awardees will receive a check of $2,000 scholarships from KASF and be able to attend the KASF-ERC Award Ceremony & Banquet in Washington, D.C.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements, the applicant should be:
- Direct descendants of a Korean-War Veteran who served in Korea from June 25, 1950 – January 31, 1955 (Korean War Era, as designated by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs)
- Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018-19 academic year
- Attend a school located in the KASF Eastern Region: DC, DE, IN, KY, MD, NC, PA, VA, & WV
Visit http://www.kasf.org/eastern for more information and the application form.
Deadline: June- TBD
Paralyzed Veterans of America (Paralyzed Veterans) is proud to offer assistance to Paralyzed Veterans’ members, and members of their immediate families, through Paralyzed Veterans’ Educational Scholarship Program. The program will provide a $1,000 scholarship to each qualified individual, up to approximately $10,000 in total scholarship funding.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be either a Paralyzed Veterans’ member, the spouse of a member, or an unmarried child (under 24 years of age) who is dependent (as defined by the IRS) on the member for principal support.
- Must be a citizen of the Unites States.
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in an accredited U.S. college or university.
Please Note: Previous award recipients may apply.
For more information regarding the PVA Educational Scholarship Program, contact email@example.com.
Please submit your application at least four weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed for graduation/presentation ceremonies.
SAEM is pleased to sponsor the Medical Student Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award. This award is made available to each medical school to select a senior medical student who has demonstrated excellence in the specialty of emergency medicine.
The student selected from each school will receive:
- One-year subscription to the SAEM monthly journal, Academic Emergency Medicine
- One-year subscription to the SAEM Newsletter
- One-year resident/medical student membership in SAEM (July 1 – June 30)
- Certificate of Excellence in Emergency Medicine
Each medical school is limited to one recipient each year.
Please complete the award application form (Word) with the name of the selected recipient four weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed for graduation/presentation ceremonies. Be sure to fill in the student’s address and e-mail address on the form, so he or she may receive the subscriptions.
All nominations can be submitted electronically to SAEM at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 847-813-5450.
For Star Trek Fans!
Scholarships are awarded in amounts of up to $1,000 based on number of applicants and availability of funds. There is a Medicine/Veterinarian Category.
APPLICANTS MUST BE A STARFLEET MEMBER AND MUST HAVE BEEN A STARFLEET MEMBER FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR BEFORE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Essay, Letters of Recommendation, and Transcripts required.
Deadline: June 15 each year
For more information and the application: http://www.sfi.org/scholarships/
The AIGC Fellowship program: The fellowship amount is typically between $1000 and $5000 per academic year (not including summer), and varies from year to year, depending on the number of qualified applicants, the availability of funds and unmet financial need.
Applicants will also be considered for other scholarship opportunities with this application.
To be considered, applicants must be:
- Pursuing a post-baccalaureate graduate or professional degree as a full time student at an accredited institution in the U.S.;
- Able to demonstrate financial need through submission of the AIGC Financial Need Form (FNF), and;
- An enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian or Alaska Native group, or provide documentation of descent (possess one-fourth degree verifiable federally recognized Indian blood) as verified through submission of a Tribal Eligibility Certificate (TEC).
Apply online at: https://www.aigcs.org/aigc-scholarship-fellowship-opportunities/
Deadline: June 1, 2018