“Like in 2016, we’re going to give out five awards. However, we’ve raised quite a bit more money for 2017, so the prize amounts for 1st-3rd should be quite a bit higher.”
- 1st Place- 60% of the cash raised
- 2nd Place- 30% of the cash raised
- 3rd Place- 10% of the cash raised
- 4th Place- A copy of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor’s Guide to Personal Finance and Investing for every member of your class, plus a $100 Amazon gift certificate
- 5th Place- $100 Amazon gift certificate
How much cash has been raised so far?
So far for 2017 the scholarship amount is $34,150.
Who can apply?
Only professional students enrolled full-time for the 2017-2018 year and in good academic standing are eligible (yes, we actually call your school and check.) That means medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, law, pharmacy, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, optometry, podiatry etc. No undergraduates. No residents. Even if you’re a dental resident paying tuition. Sorry. Students only.
You do not need to be a US resident, but you MUST HAVE A US SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. As we are not a registered charity, the winners of the top three prizes will be required to fill out a W-9 for us and we will issue them a 1099 and report the income to the IRS. Consider it to be fully taxable income. The good news is your tax bracket is almost surely dramatically lower than ours, allowing us to give more and you to receive more on an after-tax basis.
Deadline: Applications open June 1, 2017. The final date for submission is August 31, 2017.
Website and application: https://whitecoatinvestor.com/scholarship/
Paralyzed Veterans of America (Paralyzed Veterans) is proud to offer assistance to Paralyzed Veterans’ members, and members of their immediate families, through Paralyzed Veterans’ Educational Scholarship Program. The program will provide a $1,000 scholarship to each qualified individual, up to approximately $10,000 in total scholarship funding.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be either a Paralyzed Veterans’ member, the spouse of a member, or an unmarried child (under 24 years of age) who is dependent (as defined by the IRS) on the member for principal support.
- Must be a citizen of the Unites States.
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in an accredited U.S. college or university.
Please Note: Previous award recipients may apply.
For more information regarding the PVA Educational Scholarship Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application at least four weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed for graduation/presentation ceremonies.
SAEM is pleased to sponsor the Medical Student Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award. This award is made available to each medical school to select a senior medical student who has demonstrated excellence in the specialty of emergency medicine.
The student selected from each school will receive:
- One-year subscription to the SAEM monthly journal, Academic Emergency Medicine
- One-year subscription to the SAEM Newsletter
- One-year resident/medical student membership in SAEM (July 1 – June 30)
- Certificate of Excellence in Emergency Medicine
Each medical school is limited to one recipient each year.
Please complete the award application form (Word) with the name of the selected recipient four weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed for graduation/presentation ceremonies. Be sure to fill in the student’s address and e-mail address on the form, so he or she may receive the subscriptions.
All nominations can be submitted electronically to SAEM at email@example.com or faxed to 847-813-5450.
Deadline: June 2, 2017
*Be attending college or university no later than October 2017
*Achieve a GPA of 2.5 or greater during their last academic year
*Be a U.S. or Canadian Resident
*Submit answers to the essay questions no later than the June 2 deadline
For Star Trek Fans!
Scholarships are awarded in amounts of up to $1,000 based on number of applicants and availability of funds. There is a Medicine/Veterinarian Category.
APPLICANTS MUST BE A STARFLEET MEMBER AND MUST HAVE BEEN A STARFLEET MEMBER FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR BEFORE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Essay, Letters of Recommendation, and Transcripts required.
Deadline: June 15 each year
For more information and the application: http://www.sfi.org/scholarships/
The AIGC Fellowship program: The fellowship amount is typically between $1000 and $5000 per academic year (not including summer), and varies from year to year, depending on the number of qualified applicants, the availability of funds and unmet financial need.
Applicants will also be considered for other scholarship opportunities with this application.
To be considered, applicants must be:
- Pursuing a post-baccalaureate graduate or professional degree as a full time student at an accredited institution in the U.S.;
- Able to demonstrate financial need through submission of the AIGC Financial Need Form (FNF), and;
- An enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian or Alaska Native group, or provide documentation of descent (possess one-fourth degree verifiable federally recognized Indian blood) as verified through submission of a Tribal Eligibility Certificate (TEC).
Apply online at: http://www.aigcs.org/scholarships/graduate-fellowships/
Deadline: June 1, 2017
First Midwest Bank is the Trustee of the Peter V. Westhaysen Medical Education Scholarship Trust. This Trust was established in 1986 to provide scholarships funds for medical and nursing students attending accredited colleges and universities who are residents of Lake County, Indiana.
Applicants must fulfill the following standards:
- enrolled in a full-time program for training as a medical doctor
- must demonstrate outstanding scholastic ability
- demonstrate financial need
- and be a resident of Lake County, Indiana
Application deadline is usually June.
For an application, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for more information/application: Misty Schwartz at (219) 853-3533.