Application deadline: July 1, 2018
This scholarship is an important reminder that each and every person who has sustained a traumatic brain injury is an individual, not just a statistic. Today many industries place profits over safety, such as the trucking and motor vehicle industry, construction industry, negligent doctors, and sports organizations, both professional and school or community-based. We lose sight of the full impact these injuries have on both the individual and family. A life can be changed in an instant.
A scholarship of $ 1,000 will be awarded to one applicant for the year 2018.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Be currently enrolled in, or accepted to enroll at an accredited college or university within the United States,
- Have sustained a traumatic brain injury from an accident or traumatic event
- Timely complete a selection application
Selection is based on the overall strength of the application, how that applicant has overcome the challenges he or she has faced from a traumatic brain injury, and goals for the future.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- A completed application,
- A copy of a current college academic transcript or proof of acceptance and registration at an accredited college or university,
- A copy of proof of accident, such as police report, or some other form of proof of the traumatic event,
- Proof of a traumatic brain injury from a narrative medical report or hospital record,
- An essay of not more than three pages describing the traumatic event, your injury, and how you have worked to overcome your injury while pursuing an education.etc.,)
- Proof of legal Residency in the U.S. (i.e. Birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card
The Traumatic Brain Injury Scholarship is to be used exclusively for college tuition, books, and related expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the Brain Injury Scholarship Application below.
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after July 1, 2018 will not be considered.
For questions, please email Michael V. Kaplen, Esq.
One applicant will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship in 2018. The scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or before August 1, 2018. Please note we cannot guarantee disbursement of the scholarship funds for fall tuition.