Ten scholarships of $5,000 are awarded to international students whose 1,000 word “Letter of Advice to a Friend in the Home Country” are judged the best. International students attending U.S. universities may apply. Students must hold a GPA of 3.0 or better and maintain full-time status. (There is no website and you must mail the letter to the address below.)
Deadline: typically May 31
Address: World of Knowledge Foundation, Inc.
4037 Metric Drive, Suite 120
Winter Park, FL 32792
The purpose of this grant is to support women in education who are committed to improving the lives of women and children in their home countries.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Deadline: January / September – depending on your country — read the information carefully on the website!
For more details and application visit: http://www.mmeg.org/apply/
The KASF offers scholarships to full-time students with financial need and GPAs of 3.0 or higher. Koreans (international students) and Korean-Americans may apply. The KASF has divided the US into 6 districts. Application requirements depend upon in which district your university is located. General requirements include a lengthy application form, an official transcript, two letters of recommendation, a recent photo and a one-page essay. Some districts require the FAFSA or copies of parents’ tax returns.
Qualifications for Scholarship Eligibility:
- Will be a full time student at a school in one of the designated Eastern region states (Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia) during the 2016-17 school year.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Can demonstrate need for financial assistance.
Deadlines: Districts have differing deadlines mostly from May to July each year.
Virginia is in the Eastern District:
|Applications Available Online:
||April 1, 2017
||June 30, 2017
||June 30, 2017
Visit http://www.kasf.org/eastern for more information and the application form.