The selected awardee will be hired in a paid position for ONE (1) year to conduct research in a Department of Neurosurgery laboratory. The amount of the salary is dependent on the student’s level of education, skills, and research experience and may range between $30K to $34K a year with no benefits. Each awardee will also receive further financial support to present their work at a national neuroscience, cancer or neurosurgery meeting. Awardee must be able to travel to Los Angeles, California to complete their research project. According to IRS regulations, this award is subject to all applicable income tax.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate or medical student.
- Applicants must be able to commit to one year to the program
- Applicants with an interest in neuroscience are eligible for this award. However, applicants that have not yet committed to a major in science are welcome.
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 by the start of the fellowship
For more information on how to apply, application deadlines or to receive an application package, please contact:
Samantha Phu, Academic Program Coordinator
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A6600
Los Angeles, CA 90048