To increase awareness and encourage new activity and insight into the field, Bariatric Surgery Source is pleased to offer a bi-annual (January and August) $1,000 college scholarship (totaling $2,000 per year).
Submission Deadline: January 1, 2018 and July 1, 2017
- Currently majoring in any medically-related degree or attending any medically-related certification program.
- Students of any age – scholarships are not restricted to graduating high school seniors, high-school graduates, undergraduates, or graduate students.
- Attending (or accepted by) school full-time (as defined by the educational institution) at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school located in the U.S.
Using our online form, all interested students must:
- Complete an online application
- Upload a current, complete official transcript of grades (grade reports are not acceptable. Official transcripts must display student name, school name, degree program, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken.)
- Upload a minimum 2,000-word essay describing how the field of bariatric surgery will evolve over the next 5 years
- Upload two (2) letters of recommendation