AMVETS National Scholarship Program for Veterans
AMVETS’ Scholarship application cycle is from mid-January to April 30th.
- Three scholarships are specific to Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years). three (3) awarded each year
- The Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo* Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship: $12,000 –
($3,000 awarded annually over four years), two (2) awarded each year
- The Henry G. Huestis Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 – (One payment of $1,000), one (1) awarded each year
Deadline: April 30, 2018
1. Must be a United States veteran.
2. Must be a United States citizen.
3. Must demonstrate financial need.
4. Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected
Website and Application: http://www.amvets.org/amvets-in-action/scholarships/
*What are the eligibility requirements for the AMVETS National Scholarships?
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must provide evidence of active duty status or veteran status having served honorably
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment to an eligible program
- Must not be in default on a federal student loan
- Must not be convicted under state or federal law for sale of or possession of illegal drugs
- Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected
- Call 877.726.8387 and ask for the Programs Department ext. 4031