- Must be a direct descendant of a Korean War veteran or a direct descendant of a soldier who served in a foreign war and provide appropriate documentation.
- First preference given to direct descendants of Korean War veterans who died in combat.
- Second preference given to direct descendants of veterans who served during the Korean War.
- Additional preferences given to direct descendants of veterans who either died or served in a foreign war.
- Minimum GPA (grade point average) of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Enrolled as a full-time student.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Community service preferred.
- Does not need to be a Hawaii resident.
- Attend an accredited two or four year college or university as either an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Preference given to previous awardees.
Website for application: http://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/scholarships/how-to-apply-for-scholarships
Deadline: January 31, 2017 at 4pm HST (Hawaii Standard Time)