The scholarship’s goal is to promote awareness of the accomplishments of the 100th Infantry Battalion veterans of WWII and to perpetuate its legacy of continuing service by rewarding direct descendants of the veterans who demonstrate these values and beliefs.
- Establish that he or she is a direct descendant of a 100th Infantry Battalion of World War II veteran or a soldier who was killed in action.
- Demonstrate a willingness to promote the legacy of the 100th Infantry Battalion of World War II.
- Establish academic achievement with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Attend an accredited two or four year college or university as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be a full-time student
- Applicants need not be Hawaii residents and do not need to demonstrate financial need.
- Submit a personal statement and a separate essay on the historical significance of the 100th Infantry Battalion of World War II and what the life stories of these soldiers have to teach all American citizens.
Send materials to:
100th Infantry Battalion Legacy Organization Scholarship Committee
520 Kamoku Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
Attention: Scholarship Committee
Deadline: January 31, 2018 by 4pm HST (Hawaii Standard Time)