SMAA offers a $2,000 scholarship to a 3rd-year medical student who has achieved academic excellence, exhibits leadership qualities and has financial need.
The scholarship is for medical students entering their 3rd year in the fall.
- The completed scholarship application form and any related documents
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at that institution
- An official copy of the applicant’s current transcript
- Financial Need/Use of Funds: Describe any specific needs or individual circumstances that affect your current ability to finance your education and explain how funds available will be used:
- Career Goals in Medicine: Describe and outline your specific individual medical career goals.
- Leadership Qualities: Describe your specific leadership skills or activities in which you have already had the opportunity to enhance your development as a healthcare leader.
- Activities, Honors & Awards: List any collegiate honors or awards you have received as well as your participation in other leadership activities, community involvement, or volunteer activities; publications or participation in medical research projects; etc.
- Other Interests: Please feel free to note any additional information or personal interests you would like the review committee to consider.
Visit for info and application: http://smaalliance.org/about/society-of-1924/medical-student-scholarship/
Deadline: September 22
Questions call: (800) 423-4992