1. Graduates must be under 40 years of age at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale and must enroll full-time in a four year bachelor degree or approved graduate program.
5. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
6. Scholars who are requesting aid for a second degree at the same level for which a degree has already been awarded are not eligible to apply, for example, a second Bachelor’s Degree or second Master’s Degree.
7. Due to limited funding, the number of applications given to students enrolled in graduate study at medical, law or business school is limited.
8. A personal interview in New York City is required of all applicants. Travel expenses are not reimbursed.
9. Students who have previously applied for a Leopold Schepp Foundation Scholarship and who were denied an award are not eligible to reapply.
To download the form to request an application visit: http://www.scheppfoundation.org/wp/applying/
There is not a specific deadline for submitting a Request for an Application. The cutoff is automatically imposed when a sufficient number of requests have been received. The Foundation is accepting requests for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Renewal applications for the 2018-19 year will be sent directly to returning scholars in November 2017.
Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee’s decisions in early May. Awards are granted for one year only. However, those scholars who demonstrate their ability and continued financial need may reapply for renewal.